24-HOUR TECHNICIANS ON DUTY
24-Hour EMERGENCY Service
For a heating or hot water emergency emergency please call 203-966-5539 24-hours a day for assistance.
Before calling for no heat or no hot water emergency call, here are some easy steps to take:
- Power – do you have power to the system – make sure the electrical breaker in on
- Make sure thermostats are in heat mode and turned to temperature
- Oil Gauge – located on the top of the tank – make sure you have oil in the tank
- Emergency switch – usually located at the top of the basement stairs or outside the utility/mechanical room or near the unit – make sure this is in the on position
- Reset – if the unit is off, locate the RED RESET button located on or near the bottom unit and push it ONCE – holding it for 5 seconds then release and the unit should start automatically
- If it does not START and stay on please call New Canaan Oil at 203-966-5539
- An after-hours call is considered an emergency only if it cannot be postponed until normal business hours without causing a safety or property damaging situation.
- All labor charges for covered parts are included for system repairs during normal business hours and 24-hour service emergencies
Before calling for no air conditioning emergency call, here are some easy steps to take:
- No air conditioning is NOT considered an emergency and we provide service for air conditioning normal business hours.
- Make sure your thermostats are in cool mode and set below room temperature.
- Check for any signs of ice on the outside unit. If there is ice, the outside unit should be turned off and the ice needs to melt before a service technician can be sent to the home.
- Make sure all furnace and air handler switches are on as well as all circuit breakers.